Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sweden v USA afterthoughts

Never have I seen the US come out as flat as they have tonight. Most of our best players, a deflated Swedish performance, and a small crowd, yet we still couldn't beat them? Hell, we didn't even get ten shots! I was very disappointed by Steve Cherundolo's performance, I'd expect more from him. The defense overall was fairly shaky, and the late defensive subs of Johnathan Spector and Jay DeMerit were invisible. Another person who was invisible was Landon Donovan. When that happens, you know something's gone wrong. There wasn't anything positive I could really say about tonight's game, though I was pleased by Pablo Mastroeni, and I think Bradley made the wrong choice taking him off at the half.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beasly was decent as well.
/Mjölnir

Anonymous said...

Here's a positive: Sweden won! Yaaay!

Anonymous said...

No more Bornstein, please.