Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Chicago Fire relieve Dave Sarachan of Managerial Duties

I have been calling for this for quite some time (as well as my guys in S8C). Well it finally happened today, of all days today. The ironic things are that this comes on my birthday (Thank you Chicago Fire FO for this wonderful present) and it happens two days before their international club friendly against MKS Cracovia. Dennis Hamlett has been named the interim head coach for now. He will begin his tenure with the friendly against Cracovia this Friday.

Honestly, I wanted him gone since the losing streak began in early May, but I thought Guppy would let him stay AT LEAST till he showed us what he can do with Blanco playing. This all happened as a surprise to me, I can't believe he would do this so quickly. Also, expect Hamlett to have a big winning streak ahead of him and eventually get the Interim tag taken off.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Won't change the fact that their season will still end in New England :D